The purpose of this book is to provide the beginning student with easily understood information on the fundamentals, operation, construction, and servicing of automotive electrical equipment. The book is written in simple, everyday language and can be used at any level where the subject is taught - high school, trade school, or community college.
Overview of Contents:
1. The Language of Electricity
2. The Storage Battery
3. Battery Service
4. Starting-Motor Fundamentals
5. Starting-Motor Troubles
6. Starting-Motor Service
7. Automotive Charging Systems
8. Alternator and AC Regulator Trouble Diagnosis
9. AC Regulator Service
10. Alternator Service
11. The Gasoline Engine and Its Fuel Requirements
12. The Ignition System
13. Ignition Trouble Diagnosis and Tests
14. Ignition Distributor Service
15. Electric Circuits and Lights
16. Horns and Horn Relays
17. Seat Belt Electrical Controls
18. Indicating Devices
19. Other Electrical Equipment
20. The Electronic Automobile
1976 softcover, 295 pages.
Condition: Good. Vertical scratches on front cover, some soiling and other minor blemishes (see photo). Long scratch on back cover, vertical crease, and some soiling. Top right corner of some pages have crease (dogear), slight upturn, on left edge of back cover, bumps to top and bottom left corners of back cover. Inside pages good with no writing, marking, or highlighting; binding tight, some browning from age. Top corners of pages 269-295 look like they were bent, but they're flat and don't have a hard crease.